The latest alerts on infectious disease around the world
COVID-19 -- Denmark
The National Board of Health recommends the following infection prevention measures if you have contact with mink in a suspected or infected herd:
1. Personnel with symptoms of COVID-19 should be tested and not come into the stable.
2. Restrict the circle of persons in the stable and avoid visitors.
3. Pets are not allowed in the barn.
4. Avoid contact with house cats.
5. Hand hygiene:
- The hands are washed frequently and at least before entering the stable; after contact with
COVID-19 -- South Korea
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), a new strain of betacoronavirus that causes coronavirus disease (COVID-19), quickly spread worldwide; the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic on [11 Mar 2020] (1). Recent studies showed that a substantial number of asymptomatic COVID-19 patients contributed to the rapid dissemination of SARS-CoV-2 (2). In hospitalized COVID-19 patients, neutralizing antibody production was shown to increase after